Enjoy the luxury and nostalgia of staying in our converted 1957 Railway Carriage which is located on the site an old siding in the former Bridge Of Dee Station near Castle Douglas. The station was on the branch line which ran from Castle Douglas to Kirkcudbright. The station was closed in 1947 but the line was used up until the early 1960’s. In spite of the time since the Station was active there are still a number of original features remaining.
The Carriage has been very tastefully converted to provide a very high standard of accommodation while still retaining the charms of its origin. The accommodation consists of two double bedrooms each with an ensuite shower, toilet and wash hand basin, a two berth children’s bunkroom, comfortable lounge area and well equipped galley kitchen. There is also a utility area with a fridge freezer and a washing machine. The Carriage benefits from a full gas central heating system which not only ensures a cosy atmosphere but also an endless supply of hot water.
We welcome dogs in our converted carriage and we also have Bed and Breakfast accommodation in our farmhouse available. Your four legged friend can enjoy beautiful scenic walks along the old railway line.