What Are Cookies?
A cookie is a small text file which is placed onto your computer or electronic device when you access our website. Similar technologies include web beacons, action tags, local shared objects (‘flash cookies’) and single-pixel gifs. Such technologies can be used to track users’’ actions and activities, and to store information about them. We use these cookies.
Types of Cookies
These cookies are set to provide you with a secure functioning service.
- We use a content delivery network (CDN) (cloudflare) They set cookies to aid security and assist with the delivery of the content you recieve
- Shopping cart session cookies, these help remember what you have put in your cart to help with your shopping experience
- Other security cookies such as login cookies help to keep your account with us secure
- Third parties such as YouTube to help show you external content on our site
These cookies are only set by your acceptance and these are:
- Anonymised Google Analytics tracking data
- Anonymised repeat visitor tracking info to count how may times business listings are visited to help us provide you with accurate information about listings
- Facebook Pixel
- Google retargeting marketing
In certain circumstances we may also collect personal information about you but only where you voluntarily provide it (e.g by completing an online form) or where you purchase a service from us.
Consent For Cookies
You can choose to accept or decline non essential cookies. We provide a tool that will ask your preferences when you visit our site. Most web browsers automatically accept essential cookies, but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Withdrawal of Consent
You can withdraw consent to further non essential cookies being set by clicking on the cookies button located on the bottom left hand side of any screen whilst you are on the site. If you want to remove previously set cookies you can do so by clearing the cookies from your browser. Here’s some useful links that can show how to do that:
Third Party Cookies
Third party applications and services such as MailerLite, Google, Youtube, Twitter, Instagram, Paypal, Stripe and Square employ their own cookies as a result of this site using their services. So when you subscribe to our newsletter or watch any of our videos, for example, you’re accepting those cookies. That seems fair. We don’t have much say in that matter. However any analytical cookies we want to deploy we will only do so after you have accepted them using our cookie notice tool.
That doesn’t mean that other third parties aren’t planting cookies on your machine. If you click a link on this website that takes you to an outside site, that site may employ 3rd party cookies. This site has no control over another site’s cookie usage.
We also use social media buttons and plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Google Plus, will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
- Like button: Click Like to share and connect with things from other websites that you find interesting
- Share button: Click Share to write something about a link and then post it to your Timeline
- Embedded posts: Add any public post from Facebook to your blog or website
How do they work?
For example, if you use the Comments plugin to make a comment, the website may be able to connect your comment to your profile.
You only see a personalized experience with your friends if you’re logged into your Facebook account. If you’re not already logged in, you’ll be prompted to log into Facebook before you can use a plugin on another site.
- For more information about cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/
- Manage your preferences for what types of advertising you receive on other websites using Your Online Choices